Would you like to be more organised in the kitchen? Do you think your family could benefit from making healthier and more cost effective meal choices and creating a healthier lifestyle?
Get the whole family involved with these New Year’s Resolutions surrounding your kitchen:
1. Cook dinner more often – home cooked meals are usually healthier and a lot less expensive than restaurant meals. Put that new kitchen of yours to good use! Handy hints – get inspired with a new recipe each week, plan ahead, get groceries delivered to save time, find some go-to recipes you can learn from heart.
2. Pack your lunch – like eating out for dinner, buying lunch everyday gets expensive too. If you’re planning on being healthier this year you can stay on track by planning your lunches on a Sunday. Plan your leftovers to take and change things up so you don’t get bored.
3. Eat more greens – incorporate more greens into your smoothies, juices, salads, soups, eggs, casseroles.
4. Use your cookbooks – do you have a shelf of cook books in your kitchen? Instead of flocking straight to the internet, make a vow to use your cookbooks more in 2019. Handy hint – separate your cookbooks into two categories; weeknight and weekend cooking.
5. Get the family to pick out a different part of the world or culture once a month and cook a dinner around those traditions and flavours.
Bake bread together, it’s a great activity that the whole family can get involved with. There’s nothing better than a slice of warm homemade bread with warm butter.
6. Visit a farmers market on the weekend with the whole family. In this day and age of processed foods, learning where fresh ingredients come from is a terrific experience for the family and everyone can be involved in the grocery buying.
7. Make a meatless meal once a week, such as “Meatless Mondays”. This encourages the family to eat a variety of different foods.
We can help you build your dream kitchen today! Call us on 07 5472 7272 for a free kitchen quote!