Whether you’ve just started gathering information, ideas, and samples, or are in the beginning stages of renovating your kitchen, it’s important to consider many aspects of the renovation and conduct careful planning.
Considerations while envisioning and planning your kitchen:
- Determine what you want to achieve with your renovation – take the time to think about your lifestyle needs and the main objective of the renovation.
- Visualise all of your design elements together ahead of time – create a mood board that incorporates colours, textures, design, decor, appliances, furnishings or anything that inspires you for your kitchen renovation.
- Space – consider whether you want to extend the existing layout of your kitchen and whether you want a more open-plan living design.
- Consider timeless trends – choosing some timeless trends to incorporate into your kitchen design ensures the look will remain fresh for years to come.
- Appliances – research your choice of appliances (oven, cook top, fridge, dishwasher and microwave) as their size will play a large role in the layout of your kitchen. Everything must be in proportion to the space and benches.
- Brightening and lighting – incorporate a good lighting plan for your kitchen, as well as brighten the space by incorporating more windows and doors.
A kitchen renovation is an investment that adds value to your home.
Here are some design considerations that could help increase your sale price:
Add an island –
An island is considered a value booster as it provides another work surface, more storage, and draws the kitchen out into an open-plan living or dining space.
Storage from floor to ceiling –
Optimal storage is a huge focal point for buyers. Maximise your storage by installing cupboards that run the full length of the walls from floor to ceiling.
Upgrade your bench top –
Choose a bench top material that is neutral in colour so that it won’t date. Make sure that the material you chose is stain, heat, and water resistant, and is also easy to clean!
Look Cabinets can help you renovate your kitchen on a budget that suits you. And if you want your new kitchen in time for Christmas, our projects average between 4-6 weeks so your dream design may be finished in time for all of your Christmas entertaining! Call us today on (07) 5472 7946 for a free quote or to discuss your kitchen vision.